Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana: In order to ensure and brighten the future of daughters in India, Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was implemented by the Central Government to increase the tendency of parents to save, which was started under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana, born in India. Any girl child who is 06 to 10 years old is eligible for this scheme.
So come friends, in today’s article, get complete information related to Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and know why this scheme was started and what are its benefits.
What is Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
Friends, a huge country like India where the population growth rate is very high but the sex ratio is very low, the simple reason for this is to consider the girl child as a burden. Today we are becoming modern in body and dress, but we are still adopting the same conservative thoughts from the mind. Even today we differentiate between boys and girls because boys are considered to be the symbol of carrying forward the lineage and girls are considered to be foreign money.
Even today girls are not educated and they are considered as a burden due to which they are killed in the womb or they are treated very cruelly and this has been going on for centuries.
In order to refute the cruel treatment of daughters and the tradition of considering them as a burden, the Central Government has started many schemes, out of which Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana is also one.
Friends, Sukanya Yojana is a savings scheme, in which an account has to be opened in the name of a girl up to 10 years of age, and in it from Rs 250 to Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited in a year. Sukanya Samridhi Account (Girl Child Prosperity Account) is a Government of India It is a supported savings scheme targeted at parents of girl children. The scheme encourages parents to create a corpus for the future education and marriage expenses of the girl child.
You can open an account anytime from the birth of the girl child till she is 10 years old, which can be opened in any post office or authorized bank branch.
When was Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana implemented?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was launched on January 22, 2015 all over India under the Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign by the successful and hard working Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi. The main objective of this scheme is to promote investment and savings for the future of the girl child.
What are the conditions of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
sukanya samriddhi yojana age limit
Friends, it is necessary to have the following qualifications or documents for Sukanya Yojana
- Must be a citizen of India
- Must be a legal parent to open an account
- Only one account can be opened for a girl child and a parent can open only two accounts for his/her girl child.
- Account will be opened only in the name of daughter
- The age of the daughter should not be more than 10 years
- The account can be opened anytime from the birth of the girl child till she turns 10.
- Account can be opened only in post office or authorized bank branch
- It is necessary to have the birth certificate of the girl child while opening the account.
- Only legal parents can deposit money in the account until the girl child turns 18, after that the girl child can manage her own account.
- The account is opened with a minimum amount of Rs 250 and after that you can deposit Rs 100 but it is necessary to deposit Rs 250 in a year.
- A maximum of Rs 1.5 lakh can be deposited in the account in a year.
- The rate of interest is notified from time to time and the interest is automatically credited on the basis of annual calculation.
- The first withdrawal from the account can be done after the daughter completes 18 years, which is only for education related expenses, which can be up to 50% of the full deposit.
- You can transfer your account through post office or bank anywhere in India
- The account will be considered mature on completion of 21 years from the date of opening of the account or from the date of marriage of the account holder, whichever is earlier
- If the parent or guardian does not deposit the minimum required prescribed amount of one thousand rupees, then the account will not be considered active. In this case the account can be revived with a penalty of Rs.50 per year, but the minimum amount has to be deposited.
- The biggest advantage of Sukanya Samriddhi Account Scheme is that tax exemption is provided in it. The amount to be deposited and the maturity amount is tax exempt up to the entire ₹150,000 under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
Where to open Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account
Friends, Sukanya Yojana is a central government scheme, for which you can open your account anywhere in the country, which is completely free, only you will have to invest a minimum of 250, which will remain in your account.
For this, you can open your account by going to any post office branch anywhere in the country, apart from this, there are some authorized banks for this scheme, whose branch can also open your account.
- Indian Post Office
- state Bank of India
- , State Bank Of Mysore,
- State Bank of Hyderabad,
- State Bank Of Travancore,
- State Bank of Patiala,
- Vijaya Bank,
- United Bank of India,
- Union Bank of India,
- UCO Bank,
- Syndicate Bank,
- Punjab National Bank,
- Punjab And Sind Bank,
- Oriental Bank Of Commerce,
- Indian Overseas Bank,
- Indian Bank,
- IDBI Bank,
- ICICI Bank,
- Dena Bank,
- Corporation Bank,
- Central Bank of India,
- Canara Bank,
- Bank of Maharashtra,
- Bank of India,
- Bank of Baroda,
- Axis Bank,
- Andhra Bank
- Allahabad Bank
All these banks are authorized by the central government to open the account of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, you can open an account by visiting any of these bank branch by filling the form of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana and applying the relevant documents.
sukanya samriddhi yojana form
Friends, the form of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana has been issued by the Reserve Bank of India, by filling it carefully, you can improve the future of your daughter by taking advantage of this scheme. Below is the format of its form.
Method of filling the form of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Friends, first of all write the name of the bank or post office branch in which you are going to open your account in the empty space that is visible like
To, The Postmaster/Manager …AGRA ROAD BRANCH, JAIPUR ……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
- I Ram Kumar Sharma…..(name of parent/guardian) write the name of the parents of the girl child.
- name of Kumari Khushbu Sharma ……of whom I am the guardian
- herewith Rs……250 ../-(Rs…Rupees two hundred and fifty only.) in cash/Cheque/DD. No Cash or Check or Demand Draft date…01/09/2019 . as initial subscription. In this, you have to give information about the amount of money you are depositing at the time of opening the account.
- 1. Name of Account holder (girl child) Ku. Khushboo Sharma
- 2. Daughter of (father /mother’s name) …Ram Kumar Sharma
- 3. Date of Birth 18/07/2018 (DD / MM / YYYY) (In words) Eighteen July Two Thousand Nineteen
In this you (1) write the name of the parents of the account holder (2) write the name of the account holder (3) write the date of birth of the account holder
4. Details of Birth Certificate 18/07/2018 …………………………………………….
(copy may please be enclosed)
a) Certificate No. 15411 /02 ……………………
b) Date of Issue … 25/07/2018 ……….
c) issuing authority) government hospital
5. Name of Parent / Guardian … Ram Kumar Sharma ……………………….
(Operating the account on behalf of the minor girl child)
6. ID details of parent/guardian
(copy may please be enclosed)
a) Certificate No. ,
b) Date of Issue………………………………………………………………………….
c) Issuing authority……………………………………………………………….
7. Mother write the address here
(Present) …Here the address will come where you are living now………….
(Permanent) …here it will be known where you are regular
8. Details of other KYC documents attached … Here you give information about whatever documents you attached with the form
Friends, all the information related to filling the form has been given above, so that you can fill the Sukanya Samriddhi form without any help.
What are the documents required to open an account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana?
Friends, to open an account in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, 3 types of documents are required, whose information is as follows
- The birth certificate of the account holder or the daughter in whose name the account is going to be opened is issued by the hospital and if the delivery is at home, it is issued by the Gram Panchayat or Municipality within 21 days of the birth. Huh
- Proof of residence of the account holder or parents of the girl child, which can be passport, Aadhaar card, driving license, electricity or telephone bill, voter ID card, ration card, domicile certificate or any other certificate issued by the Government of India in which residence is mentioned,
- Passport size photographs of father and daughter
Friends, at the time of opening the account, get each photocopy of the above mentioned documents with you and take them with you.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate Calculation (Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate)
Friends, the interest rate of Sukanya Yojana is changed every quarter by the government, but to promote savings for daughters, very good interest rates are available in this, which probably are not available in any other investment, this scheme is available from 14-15 to 9 .1 at an interest rate of Rs. Friends, investing in this scheme is a good start, know its interest rates from the chart.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana chart
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Interest Rate Calculation
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Chart
Tax benefit in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
What are the tax benefits provided to SSY?
Friends, on investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the Income Tax Department has given an annual tax rebate of up to 150000. The money invested in this scheme has been exempted from tax under Section 80C of the Income Tax Department, so that the government will not have to pay any tax on the money invested by you in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana.
How to check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account balance online
Sukanya Samriddhi Account Online Check
Friends, to check the balance of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account online, you will have to go to the concerned branch and fill the online form and add your mobile number and email ID to your account, from which the bank or post office will issue you a password and user ID, with the help of which You can login to your account from the website of the concerned bank or post office. Through this you can check your account balance whenever you want
Friends, in this article, we have tried to tell everything about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, yet if there is any error, then comment us in the comment box, we will try our best to rectify the error, due to which you will get more good articles. will meet for